Dade Moeller, an NV5 Company,* discovered a California aerospace company's contaminated test results were caused by a leaking tritium source that had been identified previously, but that had been stored improperly for years.
The company relied on Dade Moeller, an NV5 Company,* to:
- Conduct an onsite survey to discover the source of the contamination (tritium was not in the source that was originally leak tested)
- Write a decontamination plan
- Perform decontamination and surveys
- Perform liquid scintillation counting (LSC) of 2,000 samples on-site in California, plus 250 final status survey samples
- Dispose of the waste generated during decontamination
- Review the company's radiation protection procedures
- Draft new radiation protection procedures to fill in identified gaps
- Train the workers
- Rewrite the license
- Perform a program-wide assessment
*Dade Moeller joined NV5 in May 2016 to integrate Dade Moeller’s safety & health, radiation protection, and environmental quality capabilities with NV5’s engineering, infrastructure, and program management resources. Our combined capabilities bring effective solutions to complex issues. Learn more.