This manufacturing client utilized multiple welding booths for its operations. Dade Moeller, an NV5 Company,* monitored the airborne concentrations of metals to ensure proper ventilation in the booths. Full shift sampling was completed, along with a “safety walk down” of the complete manufacturing area, and recommendations for corrections were provided.
A manufacturing client in Pasco, Washington, relied on Dade Moeller, an NV5 Company,* to conduct a safety walk down and one-day ambient air monitoring during welding operations at its facility to include:
- Identify and ensure timely availability of air sampling equipment
- Set up and collect personal (day shift workers) samples for aluminum and titanium
- Ensure proper shipment of samples to laboratory for analysis
- Compare results to guidelines established by Washington State Labor and Industries
- Prepare report, including review by senior Certified Industrial Hygienist
Safety Walk Down
- Chemical safety program
- Eye wash stations and maintenance
- Fire extinguisher program
- Noise (qualitative) assessment
- Flying debris/PPE assessment
- Electrical safety
- Ultraviolet light engineering controls
*Dade Moeller joined NV5 in May 2016 to integrate Dade Moeller’s safety & health, radiation protection, and environmental quality capabilities with NV5’s engineering, infrastructure, and program management resources. Our combined capabilities bring effective solutions to complex issues. Learn more.